Location: London, UK
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Functional Line: Sales
Direct Report: Senior Branch Manager
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Closing Date: 31st August 2015
Purpose of the role:
• To manage all aspects of the designated AL RAYAN BANK Agency including achievement of sales and commercial objectives, operational management, customer service and pro-actively managing the relationship with the agency host.
• To achieve the individual sales targets for the Bank’s finance products such as residential HPP, Buy to Let and Commercial Property Finance.
• To achieve individual sales targets for the Bank’s short and long term savings and fee income products.
• To support the Bank’s financial objectives through the achievement of individual targets for products and services that the Bank may focus on.
• To build and maintain relationships with key influencers in order to maximise sales opportunities.
• To proactively promote the Bank to the community within the assigned post code area.
• To have a pro active approach in developing a strong working relationship with all the sales channels.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
• Demonstrate a passion for the delivery of sales and service that exceeds the expectations of the customer.
• Achieve agreed sales targets within set timescales.
• Produce and work to a Sales Action Plan signed off by the line manager which supports the Bank’s strategic objectives.
• Take proactive corrective measures when required to ensure that personal performance is in line with individual targets.
• Ensure that all parts of the HPP sales process which are influenced by the BDM are delivered within agreed Service Levels (SLA’s).
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s assets, liability and fee income products and a working knowledge of competitor products.
• Develop and manage profitable long term relationships with local key business influencers and community organisations within the Bank’s target demographic.
• Maintain a strong and positive working relationship with colleagues across the organisation.
• Co-ordinate and deliver presentations, seminars, briefings to individuals and groups in the target market.
• Work closely and communicate effectively with other sales channels including coaching of individuals to source leads for the Bank’s secured finance products.
• Comply with the Bank’s policies, FCA regulations, and the UK legal framework and Sharia principles.
• Comply with the Bank’s T&C and Compliance regime.
• Ensure all contacts and sales opportunities are correctly entered into the sales management system – Salesforce and updated on a regular basis.
• Comply with the Bank’s risk procedures and criteria to ensure this area is managed according to company objectives.
• Package the Bank’s secured finance products in line with the requirements set by the Bank.
• Actively raise the profile of the Bank as the brand of choice for Sharia compliant financial services within the target demographic communities.
• Obtain customer feedback on existing products, services and level of service quality and provide feedback to sales and marketing teams and other relevant internal stakeholders.
• Delivery of agreed sales and service targets.
• Internal and external feedback.
• Application submission quality.
• Application decline rate.
• Adherence to all regulatory and legal requirements to ensure no breaches
• Timely and successful completion of necessary training requirements.
• Effective risk management ensuring that all regulatory and risk controls applicable are adhered to.
• Adherence to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience required to undertake the role:
• Experience of successfully selling financial services products in the UK.
• Familiarity with mortgage selling regulations.
• Familiarity with the UK mortgage industry.
• A working knowledge of Business Accounts (Sole traders, Limited Companies, Partnerships).
• Proven track record of delivering sales targets through self generation of leads and referrals.
• A demonstrable set of sales skills and a self awareness of how to sell.
• Experience of working with community organisations and key influencers in a business development role.
• A good understanding of Islamic values and culture.
• Excellent networking skills are required.
• Familiarity with modern retail banking and knowledge of the regulatory framework.
• Customer relationship management skills.
• Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Persistence and follow through are necessary qualities.
• Must be passionate about service quality.
• Self motivated.
• Strong business awareness and personal drive – an achiever.
• Credible, persuasive and personable manner.
• Excellent negotiation and organisational skills.
• Intermediate user knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• A general understanding of Islamic Finance and Banking.
• Problem solving and creative thinking capabilities.
• Ethnic language skills.
Other requirements specific to the role
• Out of hours working will be required in order to attend business development events that take place on evenings and at weekends.
• The role involves regional travel and may require staying overnight away from the office.
• Work under personal budgetary constraints.
• Full clean driving licence.
Applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK.
ABOUT AL RAYAN BANK
Al Rayan Bank is part of the Masraf Al Rayan (MAR) Group of companies, one of the largest and most successful banks in Qatar. We are:
• An ethical bank, operating in a fair and socially responsible manner that is Sharia compliant.
• A pioneering bank with ambitious growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
• An inclusive bank, welcoming people from all faiths and beliefs.
We offer excellent benefits and career development.