Location: London, UK
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Functional Line: Premier Banking
Direct Report: COO
Closing Date: 31st August 2015
Purpose of the role:
To control and ensure the success of Premier Banking, providing a world class client service and relationship management, while growing the business in-line with the Bank’s objectives.
The role will involve the personal management of Bank’s Premier Client’s; the management and oversight of the Premier Banking team; the management of the Bank’s Premier Banking offices; devising and structuring new premier banking products
Key responsibilities and tasks
Business Activities 80%
• Monitoring business performance, setting and achieving profit and income targets.
• To work personally with Premier Banking clients to ensure retention of existing funds and to seek new funds from existing and new customers.
• Focusing on the high value income streams such as assets, liabilities
• and fee income.
• Devise and lead the structuring of new Premier Banking products
• Design, implement and monitor area sales strategy.
• Promoting and selling products and services.
• To supervise, motivate and develop individual and team performance.
• To ensure staff reviews are fully completed for Premier Banking Managers and Premier Banking Advisors.
• Operate incentive schemes that motivate members of the teams to achieve and exceed their targets in multiple locations and other people managers
• To recruit staff as required
Financial / cost performance
• All activities are undertaken with financial performance and budget in mind with a view to controlling costs and maximising income.
• Ensuring excellent service standards are maintained for both external and internal customers.
• Understanding and promoting the Company Mission, Brand, Values and exceeding customer expectations.
• Contribute/assist in championing the needs for continuous improvement.
• Ensuring all work is carried out according to Sharia’a principles and policies
• Ensuring all work conforms to the Bank’s service levels
• Regular reporting to Senior Management
Operational Risk and Control
• Comply with operational risk and rigour requirements e.g. Security of premises, Dual Control, critical incidents etc.
• Where risks are identified ensure the necessary risk mitigation measures are in place to minimise and even eliminate occurrences.
• Ensuring compliance to all company policies and procedures within areas of responsibility
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal frameworks governing operations in particular FSA rules, Anti Money Laundering, Data Protection and Health & Safety etc
• Ensure that all operations (sales processes and services) are in compliance with Sharia’a guidance as determined by the Sharia’a Supervisory Committee
• Ensure that Audit ratings are satisfactory for areas of responsibility and that all audit issues raised by Internal Audit are responded to and cleared within the stated timeframes
• Both internal and external resources are utilised to maximise business performance in the respective area.
Team Work 10%
• Work closely with Branch Managers, Business Development Managers, and different departments in head office to deliver exceptional performance
• Share knowledge, experience and best practices across the organisation.
• Provide feedback to others that is honest, direct and constructive manner.
• Pursue self development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledge strengths and other areas of agreed development needs.
• Maintaining knowledge of products, services and procedures.
• Delivering a high standard of work which is compliant, effective and efficient and most importantly contributes in a positive manner to the financial performance of the company.
• Meet deadlines.
• Adherence to all regulatory and legal requirements.
• Achieve agreed objectives.
• Sharing critical information to facilitate successful resolution of issues.
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the role:
• Experience of dealing with HNW investors, particularly investors from the Gulf region
• Private banking experience
• Arabic language skills both oral and read
• Numerical skills
• Product structuring
• Real Estate finance
• Financial services investment products
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• PC skills
• Team working
• Organised and able to work to strict deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Experience of managing people in financial services
• Experience of managing sales staff
• Experience in sales management
• Worked in a regulated environment
• Relationship building skills
• Operational experience
• Industry recognised qualification
• Broad awareness of commercial environment and the industry including competitors.
Other requirements specific to the role
Applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK.
ABOUT AL RAYAN BANK
Al Rayan Bank is part of the Masraf Al Rayan (MAR) Group of companies, one of the largest and most successful banks in Qatar.
• An ethical bank, operating in a fair and socially responsible manner that is Sharia compliant.
• A pioneering bank with ambitious growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
• An inclusive bank, welcoming people from all faiths and beliefs.
We offer excellent benefits and career development.