Location: Birmingham, UK
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Functional Line: Sales
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
Closing Date: 31st August 2015
Purpose of the role:
• To achieve individual sales targets for the Bank’s finance products such as residential HPP, Buy to Let and Commercial Property Finance.
• To achieve individual sales targets for the Bank’s deposit and fee income products such as savings balances.
• To achieve the Bank’s financial objectives through the achievement of individual targets for products and services that the Bank may focus on.
• To deliver excellent customer service to customers using direct channels such as telephony and online.
• To build and maintain relationships with assigned Intermediaries in order to maximise sales opportunities.
• To have a pro-active approach in developing a strong and positive working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of successfully selling financial services products in the UK.
• Familiarity with mortgage selling regulations.
• Familiarity with UK mortgage industry.
• A demonstrable set of sales skills and a self-awareness of how to sell.
• A good understanding of Islamic values and culture.
• Familiarity with modern retail banking and knowledge of the regulatory framework.
• Customer relationship management skills.
• Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Persistence and follow through are necessary qualities.
• Must be passionate about service quality
• Time management.
• Strong business awareness, self-motivated with personal drive – an achiever.
• Credible, persuasive and personable manner.
• Excellent negotiation and organisational skills.
• Intermediate user knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• A general understanding of Islamic finance and banking.
• Problem solving and creative thinking capabilities.
• Ethnic language skills.
• A working knowledge of business accounts (sole traders, limited companies, partnerships)
• Relevant professional qualifications such as CeMap – Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice.
• Intermediate level user knowledge of Salesforce.com
Other requirements specific to the role:
• Out of hours working may be required in order to attend business development events that take place on evenings and at weekends.
Applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK.
ABOUT AL RAYAN BANK
Al Rayan Bank is part of the Masraf Al Rayan (MAR) Group of companies, one of the largest and most successful banks in Qatar.
• An ethical bank, operating in a fair and socially responsible manner that is Sharia compliant.
• A pioneering bank with ambitious growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
• An inclusive bank, welcoming people from all faiths and beliefs.
We offer excellent benefits and career development.