Global Microfinance Operations Manager
Closing Date: 11th March 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK (up to 40% away from base location)
To manage the financial and social performance and operations of the portfolio of Islamic Relief I-MF programmes globally
Your duties will include:
- You will manage and monitor the complete financing cycle by IR partners or external funders, from origination to repayment of capital, including the tracking of global financing agreements with our donors/lenders and disbursements and recovery by in-country operations.
- You will actively manage, monitor and analyse in-country financial portfolios in view of ensuring a maximum degree of operational and financial sustainability in our pro-poor micro-financing, ensuring it is strategically embedded and effectively implemented in-country
- You will plan for the expansion of micro financing operations and the implementation of new products in target areas as per agreed global and national IR strategies
Your Accountabilities will include:
- Leading on strategic planning of and oversight for IR Islamic micro-financial service provision globally and in-country
- Directing in-country I-MF business management
- Managing/providing oversight for in-country micro-financing operations
- Global financial and social performance tracking and management
- Managing operational compliance
- Support I-MF marketing and brand management
The successful candidate will have a Post-graduate university degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent and preferably be a part-qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA or equivalent) or qualified by experience. The job holder will have extensive experience in microfinance/banking operations, products & processes and has substantive experience in financial management of or accounting in a financial institution or equivalent. The successful candidate will have experience working with international financial organisations and knowledge of best practice microfinance standards and MSE lending. In addition, a high level of computer literacy, especially accounting/microfinance software is essential. The candidate will be eligible to work in the UK. S/he should be willing to travel extensively. The successful candidate will be required to travel and you will therefore be away from the Birmingham office 40% of the time. You will be travelling to Arabic and French speaking countries, which will require the successful candidate to have fluent knowledge of these languages.